Monday, May 5, 2008

EVERYTHING WITHIN NOTHING

Hey Guys
This weekend I was with my dad and he doesn't have Internet at the moment so I couldn't post.I was so shocked and saddened when we went to a store. There was a girl about 13-14 and pregnant. I was so shocked at first.Even when I was home her image circled my head along with millions of questions. Why? How hard must it be to go to middle school and have people stare? How many people have called her something nasty? How many times does she feel scared?Insecure? How many days has she gone by feeling ashamed? Is it really something to even be ashamed about? Does she feel ashamed? Does she ever think what am I going to do? How does her family react? How did the people in the store react? I just caught a glance I didn't get time to react. I don't think I could have acted any different. It would disgust me if I acted mean to her. Why do we look down upon girls like her? Why do we call them names? Why are we so horrible? I'm not saying everybody here acts like that but how many people do? That girl. Only a glimpse-nothing really. But everything was within that nothing. A story about Love.(was it God I hope so) A tragedy about tough times, discrimination. A heroine becoming stronger. Everything within Nothing. That night I prayed and I prayed hard to somebody anybody that that girl may have less hard times ahead of her. That her journey may be somewhat easier. That she would grow strong. That somebody would reach out to her and give her a smile. Help her with her homework-whatever she needed. I thought about her all night. I thought about how hard it must be. Even for other people. The homeless, the prostitutes, the gang-bangers, everyone. We look down upon them and walk right by. A smile can change someones day can keep someone from killing themselves from doing something they know they shouldn't. Why call these people horrible things and don't think a second thought about it. We should. We see someone struggling to push a stroller and carry groceries to their car. In everyday life we just walk by these people-walk AROUND them, ignore them and eventually forget about them. Why? I dare you to stop and help I ask you to stop and help. Even if its just a smile to a stranger walking by or jumping someones car. Do something nice send good thoughts and reach out. You would want someone to do the same if you were in that situation. Think about it then leave a comment I am interested in what YOU think.
Crazy Daisy- thoughtful

4 comments:

CaroNome said...

I think what you said was really beautiful.
It's true! A smile can change a persons day, or even, though it's hard to believe, a person's life. Your meditations on all of this were really profound, and I applaud that. Not many people can say those same things.

Brava.

PS. I'll be praying for those people too.

CaroNome
scoredesk.blogspot.com

SleepySpirals said...

*hugs*
I agree....sometimes a smile can help. Even if it's a little. I hope that girl will be okay. Its definitely a hard thing to go through, especially at such a young age. I'm barely older than her and I don't think I can deal with something like that.

*sighs*

I don't think people think about what their words could do to someone. That's why they say them. Because they don't think of the consequences. I mean, look at it this way, if we changed our attitude and said much more nicer things. Suicide ratings would drop. I swear.

Thanks for your comment by the way, at least I know that even though he doesn't seem to care. There are other people who cares. =')
*hugs*
I'm just wondering what to do right now......

Anonymous said...

Sup

Nice blog.
Comment on mine
baseballcatching.blogspot.com

CaroNome said...

Your comment absolutely made my day. Thank you so much =) =). I read your blog everyday by the way, too. Even if I don't always comment, I'm always reading! Heehee. I'm glad I could teach you something!

=)

CaroNome
scoredesk.blogspot.com

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com