Monday, April 28, 2008

Fire Update

Okay I know that I mentioned a fire and I thought I would give you and update.

The fire is up in the mountains by a city but they are retreating up higher into the mountains. The area in which the fire is currently burning hasn't burned for around 40 years so there is tons of fuel for the fire.The fire is about one quarter contained and they estiate that it will take at least another five days until it is 100% contained. The smoke and ash is bad. The school I go to is definately not that close to the fire but my mom decided that we should stay ome because the ash is really bad and she thinks that my school will send the students home because of the horrible air conditions. Well as far I know nothing has been damaged except the small 500 some acres of wilderness!! I know I am just dying! Poor land. I think that a smalll shed got burned but noone has gotten hurt from the fire. One fireman sprained an ankle,another hurt his knee,and another suffered from heat exhaustion. So things are looking up? I just want this to stop. Hopefully someone didn't start it. I do agree with you Natasha that global warming is horrible and needs to stop but I doubt that global warming started it. LOL :0P Anyway to talk about it is good though. Just send good wishes this way and hope that those 1000 people evacuated are okay and hope that no houses get burned. x >.< x Fingers crossed!!

Crazy Daisy

2 comments:

maggie said...

thanks for visiting my blog! hope everyone in your area is ok.

SleepySpirals said...

Isn't forest fire usually caused by the heat from the sun because the ozone layer is getting thinner? Or SOMETHING like that. I'm not sure.

But c'mon, at least that sounds more believable then, let say.....the fire started because some random yobo threw a still lit cigarette onto the ground and the trees caught fire. Anyway, I yeah, the least we could do is send those 1000 people our prayers. (:

Oh and fine, I have to admit (although very grudgingly) my sister did pull off a pretty smooth trick. >.<

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com